advertisement
Pop

Céline Dion Joins TikTok With Silly Video In Which She Reveals ‘Suddenly I’m Becoming Cool’

She gets it.

Céline Dion speaks onstage during the 66th GRAMMY Awards at Crypto.com Arena on Feb. 4, 2024 in Los Angeles.
Céline Dion speaks onstage during the 66th GRAMMY Awards at Crypto.com Arena on Feb. 4, 2024 in Los Angeles.
Monica Schipper/Getty Images for The Recording Academy

Céline Dion knows exactly what the kids are up to. At least now she does. The beloved international pop star finally joined TikTok this week and she did it in the most Celine way possible.

In a 17-second video posted on Monday (Jan. 5), Dion officially launched her TikTok era with a fun clip in which she reintroduced herself. “My name is Céline,” Dion, 57, said while wearing a black hoodie from the French fashion house that happens to share her first name before rhetorically asking how old she is. “I’ve got kids,” said Dion, perched in front of a glowing skyline and adopting a cool kid pose as she channeled her 14-year-old twin sons pleading with her, “‘We have to get you on TikTok!'”


advertisement

Miming confusion, Dion, said, “On TikTok?,” with a sampled voice behind her yelping “WHAT?!”

“I’ve heard of that before. Suddenly I’m becoming cool,” she added as a Seinfeld-like bass thump bubbled up behind her and digital sunglasses were superimposed on her face. “Céline Dion is cool. That’s amazing,” she announced with the perfect amount of winky incredulity. “TikTok here I come!” Ciao.”

Dion let the caption do the heavy lifting. “They told me, ‘Celine, it’s time…’ I asked, ‘Time for what?’ Turns out…something completely new,” she wrote. “My team then said they’d handle everything, handed me back my phone, and then quietly disappeared. So here I am, learning how this TikTok world works…one video at a time! Thank you for being here, I’m glad we’re here together.”

So far, Dion’s TikTok adventure includes just the one introductory video, though her feed is populated with earlier videos from her other social feeds.

As last year ended, Dion was in a silly mood, dressing up as the Grinch to do the a monologue from the 2000 Jim Carrey-starring How the Grinch Stole Christmas and crooning her legendary cover of Eric Carmen’s ballad “All By Myself.” Then, on New Year’s Eve, Dion shared a heartfelt message to her fans, telling them, “As we welcome this new year, I want to take a moment to send you all my love. May this year bring you good health, happiness and peace in your heart. I hope you find laughter in the little things, strength in the hard times and joy in the memories you create with those you love.”

advertisement

The TikTok bit is one of the rare recent appearances by Dion, who has been less visible over the past few years following her diagnosis with the neurological disorder stiff-person syndrome in 2022, which seriously affected her voice and caused uncontrolled tremors, forcing her to cancel a planned 2023-2024 world tour to focus on her health.

Watch Dion make her TikTok debut below.

@celinedion

They told me, “Celine, it’s time…” I asked, “Time for what?” Turns out…something completely new. My team then said they’d handle everything, handed me back my phone, and then quietly disappeared. So here I am, learning how this TikTok world works…one video at a time! Thank you for being here, I’m glad we’re here together. - Celine xx…

advertisement

This article was first published by Billboard U.S.

advertisement
Chappell Roan at the 68th GRAMMY Awards held at the Crypto.com Arena on Feb. 1, 2026, in Los Angeles.
Gilbert Flores/Billboard

Chappell Roan at the 68th GRAMMY Awards held at the Crypto.com Arena on Feb. 1, 2026, in Los Angeles.

Music News

Wasserman Fallout: Every Artist Who Has Spoken Out Over Founder’s Epstein Ties (Updating)

Clients of Casey Wasserman's namesake agency have begun defecting after his relationship to Jeffrey Epstein accomplice Ghislaine Maxwell came to light.

On Thursday (Feb. 5), Best Coast frontwoman Bethany Cosentino was the first artist signed to the powerful Wasserman agency to speak out over revelations that its founder and CEO, Casey Wasserman, had carried on a flirtatious relationship with convicted sex trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell — the main accomplice of convicted child sex predator Jeffrey Epstein — after the latest tranche of 3 million files in the Epstein case was released. Expressing anger over Wasserman’s apology, in which the executive said he “deeply regret[s]” his communications with Maxwell, Cosentino called for Wasserman to step down from his post and for the agency to change its name, among other demands.

advertisement

keep readingShow less
advertisement