advertisement
Rb Hip Hop

Mustard Says Drake Should Avoid ‘Tactics’ & ‘Gimmicks’ When Asked About Drizzy’s Next Move

"Just make good music and you'll be fine," he said.

Mustard

Mustard

Kanya Iwana

Everyone has an opinion on how Drake should maneuver with his next venture to turn the page to 2025. Coming off of his appearance during Kendrick Lamar’s Super Bowl Halftime Show over the weekend, Mustard stopped by Big Boy’s Neighborhood on Monday (Feb. 10) to share his thoughts on just that.

Big Boy asked what Drake’s next move should be, and Mustard made it clear his response wasn’t directed at the 6 God, but all artists.


“I actually don’t think about what he could do. I have no idea. I just try to stay aligned with pure s–t, just being pure and being on the right side of things — not doing no tactics and gimmicks,” he said.

advertisement

Mustard continued: “I’m not speaking at Drake or for him, but a lot of s–t that’s going on — the tactics, the things that you do just to get attention. You don’t need to do that. Just make music, man. Make good music and you’ll be fine.”

The “Not Like Us” producer is far from the first artist to publicly dish out some advice for Drake. 50 Cent revealed to Billboard last year what he told the OVO boss following the battle with Lamar.

“I was telling him, it’s not him. I’m listening on the outskirts, it’s not you,” he said. “Don’t let yourself think that for a second. On some real s–t, I said, ‘They said you lost, OK. Well what did you lose?’ What exactly did he lose if he got $300 something million on his last tour? You didn’t lose a motherf—ing thing, man.”

Drake will attempt to turn the page this year with the arrival of his joint album with PartyNextDoor, $ome $exy $ongs 4 U, which will fittingly hit streaming services on Valentine’s Day (Feb. 14) for the lovers.

advertisement

Watch the full interview with Mustard below. The talk about Drake’s next move comes around the 12-minute mark.

This article was first published by Billboard U.S.

advertisement
Rod Stewart performs on stage at Tele2 Arena on June 8, 2024 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Iwi Onodera/Redferns
Rod Stewart performs on stage at Tele2 Arena on June 8, 2024 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Pop

Rod Stewart Hints at Possible Road Retirement After Completing 2027 UK One Last Time Dates: ‘That’ll Probably Be It’

The 81-year-old singer has been on the road for more than six decades.

Sir Rod Stewart has hinted that he might retire from major touring commitments after completing as-yet-unannounced dates on his yearslong One Last Time farewell tour. The 81-year-old pop icon has been on the road on the outing since 2024 and in a new interview with the TalkSport soccer chat show in the U.K. on Monday (May 18), Stewart laid out his plans.

“I’ve got 40-odd shows this year and that’s not really a lot,” Stewart told hosts Jeff Stelling and Ray Parlour. “And I’m touring the U.K. next year and doing the O2 and that will probably be it, I think. I’ll have to do something new … come on your show more often.”

This article was first published by Billboard U.S.

keep readingShow less
advertisement