advertisement
Rb Hip Hop

Kid Cudi Apologizes to Fans For Cutting Coachella Set Short After Breaking Foot on Stage: ‘This Is All a Bit Crazy’

The MC said the accident was his first time breaking a bone.

Kid Cudi performs onstage during the FanDuel Super Bowl party powered by Spotify on Feb. 09, 2024 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Kid Cudi performs onstage during the FanDuel Super Bowl party powered by Spotify on Feb. 09, 2024 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

David Becker/Getty Images

Kid Cudi was super keyed-up to play Coachella for the first time since 2019 when he took the Sahara tent stage on Sunday (April 21). But his joy was short-lived, because during the set Cudi spontaneously hopped down off the stage in an attempt to get close to his fans, a sweet gesture that turned sour when Mr. Solo Dolo seriously injured his foot on the way down.

“Hey guys, so I broke my foot today at the show [forehead smack emoji]. just leavin the hospital,” he wrote a bit after midnight on Sunday after incurring the injury during a performance of “Memories” and getting carried off. “Never broken a bone before so this is all a bit crazy. I wanna thank u all for ur concerns and well wishes!! I love yall man. I heard yall still ragin when I was offstage. Made me smile big.”


advertisement

In a video of the incident, Cudi gingerly steps over the lip of the stage before jumping down into the photo pit, immediately crumpling to the ground and grimacing as he lays down in the dirt. Cudi was added to the second weekend of the Indio, CA festival, and performed two new songs live for the first time during his foreshortened set, “MOON MAN SHIT” and “BLUE SKY,” according to setlist, as well as “Tequila Shots,” “Sad People,” “Up Up & Away,” “Superboy” and “Electrowavebaby 2.0” before the injury during a cover of David Guetta’s remix of “Memories.”

At press time the extent of the injury was unknown, but Cudder will seemingly have plenty of time to heal and rest up before the kick-off of his upcoming Insano world tour. The 43-date outing with Pusha T, EARTHGANG, Jaden Smith, Chelsea Pastel and Siena Bella is slated to launch on June 28 with a show at the Moody Center in Austin, TX.

advertisement

See Cudi’s tweet and fan footage of the fall below.


This article was first published by Billboard U.S.

advertisement
Carly Rae Jepsen
Meredith Jenks

Carly Rae Jepsen

Pop

604 Records Co-Founder Jonathan Simkin Says Carly Rae Jepsen Recorded a Whole Unreleased Album Around 'Call Me Maybe'

The British Columbia-native was signed to Interscope Records, but was reportedly tasked to make a brand new record with all new producers.

An unreleased Carly Rae Jepsen project exists out in the music ether, according to Jonathan Simkin.

In a recent podcast episode of I Hate Simkin, the 604 Records co-founder reveals that prior to the No. 1 success of Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe,” an entire project had been made — but it didn’t make it to the masses.

keep readingShow less
advertisement