advertisement
Rb Hip Hop

Soulja Boy Says Drake ‘Went Out Sad’ in Twitter Rant

Big Draco had some words for his "We Made It" collaborator.

Soulja Boy performs during halftime of the BET Experience celebrity basketball game on June 29, 2024 in Los Angeles, Calif.

Soulja Boy performs during halftime of the BET Experience celebrity basketball game on June 29, 2024 in Los Angeles, Calif.

Julia Beverly/Getty Images

Soulja Boy went on a fiery Twitter rant — now X — over the weekend and even managed to sneak in a shot at Drake while tweeting about the devastating fires torching Los Angeles County.

“Time to disappear,” Big Draco wrote to X. “PS Drake u went out sad.”


The 6 God diss seemingly came out of nowhere as Soulja was ranting about the Los Angeles evacuations and the imminent TikTok ban coming to the United States.

He continued: “If they really remove tiktok then that means America is fucked… Whole LA burned down like it was nothing… I don’t know who needs to hear this but this world is evil.”

advertisement

It’s unclear what exactly Soulja Boy saw regarding Drake that set him off but fans speculated in the replies it was related to his “Fighting Irish” freestyle targeting LeBron James, legal action against Universal Music Group or tied to his blockbuster feud with Kendrick Lamar last year.

Drake and Soulja Boy have seen their careers crossover at various points since they teamed up for “We Made It/Trophies” in 2014.

Big Draco went viral during his 2019 The Breakfast Club interview where he claimed Drake copied him “word for word, bar for bar.”

Soulja Boy expanded on his Drake explosion when he later joined Big Boy’s Neighborhood. He claimed Drizzy stole the first bar from his 2007 track “What’s Hannenin” for 2010’s “Miss Me” featuring Lil Wayne.

“You gotta understand the timeline. In 2006 I was 16, an underground artist. [Drake] was still on Degrassi. I was really in the streets dropping fire,” he said. “He was watching me, copying me. So, when he got a deal and came out with his first big single he copied me and ain’t nobody know what he was copying. They thought that was an original Drake bar, quote… He stole my whole s–t.”

advertisement

This article was first published by Billboard U.S.

advertisement
Bruno Mars
John V. Esparza
Bruno Mars
Concerts

The Biggest Concerts Coming To Canada in 2026

Rush reunite for their first tour in more than a decade, Ariana Grande comes to Montreal (but not Toronto), Ed Sheeran ignites stadiums and much more. It's going to be a big year for music.

After one of Canada's biggest ever years for mega tours at stadiums and festivals throughout the country, 2026 is already shaping up to be another major one.

As we head into the new year, many huge tours have already announced they're coming to the country, and that doesn't even include tours that are still rumoured. From young rising upstarts like EsDeeKid and Olivia Dean to bona fide superstars like Guns N’ Roses and huge reunions, like Rush, these are the biggest tours that are coming to Canada this year.

keep readingShow less
advertisement