advertisement
Rb Hip Hop

Tory Lanez Fires Back at PARTYNEXTDOOR With Threatening Diss Track Snippet: Listen

PND previously apologized for dissing the incarcerated Toronto singer.

Tory Lanez performs on stage at Prudential Center on September 13, 2019 in Newark, New Jersey.

Tory Lanez performs on stage at Prudential Center on September 13, 2019 in Newark, New Jersey.

Manny Carabel/Getty Images

Even though he’s behind bars, Tory Lanez has continued to escalate his boiling feud with fellow Toronto singer PARTYNEXTDOOR.

While PND walked back his most recent diss and apologized to Lanez, Tory continued to follow up on Friday (Feb. 28), with a preview of a harsh diss track against the OVO signee that he said he would leave the decision of whether to release the song up to his fanbase.


“I WILL LEAVE THE FATE OF THIS @PartyNextDoor SITUATION IN THE HANDS OF THE UNTOUCHABLE UMBRELLA,” he captioned the IG post. “ATT UMBRELLAS: I HAVE A LIFE LONG OBLIGATION TO THE UMBRELLAS TO ENSURE WE STAND UNITED AS ONE IN ALL DECISIONS”

advertisement

Lanez continued to say: “THAT BEING SAID … DO I LET HIM GET AWAY WITH THAT ‘FAKE ASS APOLOGY ‘? (That he only issued because he didn’t like the reaction he got..) Or DO I LET HIM CATCH HIS FADE AND WE SHAKE HANDS AFTER AS MEN?”

On the brutal snippet, Tory even makes a reference to Kendrick Lamar’s “playing with his nose now” bar dissing PARTY on “Not Like Us.” “PARTY won’t play with me, he’ll play with his nose, though,” Lanez spews on the track.

Billboard has reached out to PARTYNEXTDOOR’s rep for comment.

However, there was a strong contingent of fans in Lanez’s comments section who didn’t want to see any more fighting, and would rather have Tory, Drake and PARTYNEXTDOOR as allies once again while teaming up on new music down the line. Drake has been a vocal supporter of Tory behind bars, calling for his freedom on multiple occasions.

Last week, PARTYNEXTDOOR previewed a diss track blasting Lanez and accusing him of copying his style. “F–k what Tory Lanez say, you know the B, I’m running that/ I did everything he did, oh he’s just a running man,” he boasts.

advertisement

Shortly after, PND released a statement apologizing to Lanez on his Instagram Story. “@torylanez I was told about what you said without hearing your video for myself,” he wrote. “You didn’t say anything that I wouldn’t say myself, now that I seen it I was wrong. City is stronger together.”

Lanez — born Daystar Peterson — is currently serving a 10-year sentence for shooting Megan Thee Stallion in the feet in July 2020. Megan also won a restraining order against Lanez in January.

This article first appeared on Billboard U.S.

advertisement
SOCAN CEO Jennifer Brown
Brad Ardley

SOCAN CEO Jennifer Brown

Business News

SOCAN Celebrates 100th Year with a Record $512M in Royalties Distributed to Creators and Publishers

The music rights org turns 100 this year. Amidst its report of record revenues from 2024, it has issued a plea for Canadians to consume more homegrown music.

SOCAN, Canada’s largest member-owned music rights organization, turns 100 this year. It's celebrating with a major milestone – but also issuing a warning to the Canadian music industry.

The organization has reported a record-high half-billion dollars in total royalty distributions to music creators and publishers.

keep readingShow less
advertisement